Below is a list of the Fundamental Elements of Health, as outlined by Dr. Douglas Graham, in his book, The 80/10/10 Diet.
As per Dr. Douglas Graham, there is no official order or ranking as to which elements are most important for health, but he states tha tthe first ten on the list are essential for even a moderate level of true health.
1) Clean, fresh air
2) Pure water
3) Foods for which we are biologically designed
4) Sufficient sleep
5) Rest and relaxation
6) Vigorous activity
7) Emotional poise and stability
8) Sunshine and natural light
9) Comfortable temperature
10) Peace, harmony, serenity, and tranquility
11) Human touch
12) Thought, cogitation, and meditation
13) Friendships and companionship
14) Gregariousness (social relationships, community)
15) Love and appreciation
16) Play and recreation
17) Pleasant environment
18) Amusement and entertainment
19) Sense of humor, mirth, and merriment
20) Security of life and its means
21) Inspiration, motivation, purpose, and commitment
22) Creative, useful work (pursuit of interests)
23) Self-control and self-mastery
24) Individual sovereignty
25) Expression of reproductive instincts
26) Satisfaction of the aesthetic senses
28) Positive self-image and sense of self-worth
29) Internal and external cleanliness
31) Music and all other arts
32) Biophilia (love of nature)
80-10-10 is my favorite health book of all time.
It's an absolutely great read, in which you are guaranteed to learn a few things.
Are you sure you want to delete this post?